Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras will be conducting Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE), April 2015. The exam is conducted for taking admission to integrated Master of Arts (M.A) in Development Studies and integrated M.A in English studies programs for the session 2015.
HSEE will be held on April 26, 2015.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a central or state board recognized by the association of Indian universities.
- Intermediate or two-year pre-university examination conducted by a board or university recognized by the association of Indian universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Candidates can apply online from December 17, 2014.
Candidates must pay the examination fee as applicable is through net banking / credit card / debit card / Indian bank challan that will be generated during the process of application.
The examination fee for GE and OBC (NCL) male candidates is Rs. 1600/-.
The examination fee for SC, ST, PwD male candidates and all categories of female candidates is Rs. 800/-. Additionally, the service charges of the bank will be Rs. 30/-.
HSEE-2015 examination is of three hours duration and has two parts.
Part I consists of objective type multiple choice questions for 2Â½ hours duration (150 minutes), administered through computer.
Part II involves essay writing for 30 minutes to be written on answer sheet distributed to the candidates at the end of part I.
Part I covers the following topics: English and comprehension skill, Analytical and quantitative ability, General studies covering the areas of Indian economics (since independence), Indian society, contemporary world affairs (post-world war II) and Environment and ecology.
Part II requires the candidate to write an essay on general topic involving description, or/and reflection or/and discussion.
Application process will start from December 17, 2014.
Payment of examination fee: December 17, 2014.
Last date of payment of examination fee: January 26, 2015.
Last date for submission of online application: January 26, 2015.
Last date for submission of hard copy of the self-attested certificate of respective category: January 26, 2015.
Admit card can be downloaded from the HSEE website from: March 16, 2015 to April 16, 2015.
Exam will be conducted on April 26, 2015.
Result will be declared on May 13, 2015.
To know more Information about entrance please click here