Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT-2015), a national level entrance test is conducted by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Universityevery year to select bright students from different parts of our country. The test is being conducted for different programs offered in different constituent institutes / schools of the university. SAAT-2015, the seventh edition of this entrance test, will be held on 09th May 2015 (Saturday) at 65 centers across 46 cities of India. The test is primarily a multiple choice type written test and the standard of the test is comparable with any other national level entrance test. Short listed candidates will be called to attend an open counselling for admission into various programmes of the university. Another feature of this entrance test is that the candidates with diploma in engineering/ technology/ pharmacy and hotel management are eligible for admission into regular courses under lateral entry scheme through SAAT-2015.
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in different branches of engineering at ITER.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) at IMS & SH.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) at IDS.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) at SPS.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT) at SHM.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSc Nursing) at SNC.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post Basic BSc Nursing) at SNC.
- Dual Degree in Engineering (BTech & MTech) (DEE) in different branches of engineering at ITER.
- Dual Degree in Management (BTech & MBA) (DDM) at ITER.
- BBA LLB at SNIL
- Master of Technology (MTech) in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering Department, Civil Engineering Department, Electronics & Communication Engineering Department, Electrical Engineering Department, Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department, Mechanical Engineering Department, Computer Science & Information Technology Department, Computer Science & Engineering Department, Computer Science & Data Processing, Material Science & Technology, Environmental Science & Technology and Biotechnology at ITER.
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) at ITER.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) at IBCS.
- Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) at IBCS.
- Master of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (MHMCT) at SHM.
- Master in Arts / Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management (MHTM) at SHM.
- Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance, Pharmacology and Pharmatechnology at SPS.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Biotechnology at CBT.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSc Nursing) in Medical & Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, and Obstetric & Gynaecological Nursing at SNC.
- Master of Laws (LLM) at SNIL.
Under Lateral Entry (LE) scheme 20% of intake capacity of previous year in appropriate discipline and carry forward vacant seats of 1st year of Engineering / Pharmacy / Hotel Management / Nursing / MCA will be filled up at the 2nd year level. These seats will be considered over and above the intake capacity. (Refer – Appendix-XVIII)
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in different branches at ITER.
- Lateral Entry MCA at ITER.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) at SPS.
Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) at SHM.
- a) BTech / Dual Degree in Engineering / Dual Degree in Management:Pass or appearing (in the year 2015) at 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry / Computer Science / Information Technology /Biotechnology / Biology / Informatics / Statistics or any other subject as approved by appropriate authority, by securing at least 50% marks taken together in the subjects mentioned.
Pass in Diploma in Engineering / Technology with less than 60% marks in aggregate.
b) MBBS / BDS:Pass or appearing at 10+2 examination (in the year 2015) or any equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology) and English individually and must have secured a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying examination. In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Schedules Tribes and Other backward Classes the marks secured in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination can be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates. For PH candidates qualifying examination marks is 45% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together. As per MCI & DCI guidelines candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) taken together in the entrance test. For SC / ST / OBC candidates the limit is minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) taken together in the entrance test. For PH candidates the limit is minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) taken together in the entrance test. All candidates must pass in English.
Age Limit: The lower age limit is 17 years and the upper age limit is 25 years as on 31.12.2015. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of SC and ST.
c) BPharm: Pass or appearing at 10+2 examination (in the year 2015) with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Mathematics / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Biology / Information Technology or any other subject as approved by appropriate authority, by securing at least 45% marks taken together in the subjects mentioned (40% incase of candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC category) OR Pass in Diploma programme in Pharmacy with less than 60% marks.
- d) BHMCT:Pass or appearing at 10+2 examination (2015) in any discipline with at least 45% marks (40% incase of SC / ST / OBC category)
e) BSc in Nursing (Basic):Pass or appearing at 10+2 examination (in the year 2015) with at least 45% marks in aggregate (English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together) and 40% marks in aggregate for SC / ST / OBC candidates only. Age Limit: The lower age limit is 17 years as on 31.12.2015.
- f)BSc in Nursing (Post Basic):Passed GNM examination, and registered with concerned State Nursing Council. Candidate must be a member of TNAI.
g) Five years integrated BBA LLB Honours Programme: Pass or appearing (2015) the 10+2 or equivalent in any stream with at least 45% marks. Relaxable to 40% in case of SC/ST. Candidate should not have completed 20 years of age as on 1st August 2015.
- a) MTech:Pass or appearing in BE / BTech / AMIE / MCA / MSc in the respective discipline or equivalent. For MTech in Biotechnology, candidates having BTech / BE in Biotechnology or related fields / MSc in Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Life Science or equivalent / MBBS / BPharm / BVSc with Biology as a subject at +2 level are eligible. Candidates having MCA and MSc (Maths) degree are eligible for MTech in Comp Sc & Data Processing. Candidates with MSc (Electronics) are eligible for MTech in Electronics & Communication Engineering and MTech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering. MSc in Computer Science and IT are eligible for MTech in Computer Science & Engineering and CS&IT respectively. A candidate with BTech (Environmental / Chemical / Civil / Mechanical / Metallurgy) or MSc (Environmental Science / Chemistry / Biotechnology / Geology / Life Science / Botany / Zoology) is eligible for MTech in Environmental Science & Technology. For MTech Material Science & Technology candidate must have MSc (Physics) / MSc (Chemistry) / BTech (Electronics & Communication Engg) / BTech (Electrical Engg) For admission to MTech, candidates have to pass the qualifying examination with at least 50% marks. GATE qualified candidates are exempted from the entrance test, but they have to submit the filled up form. Admission into MTech programmes will be done on the basis of performance in SAAT-2015 or valid GATE score and personal interview taken together. After the interview, the merit list prepared by the Board members will be final.
b) MCA:Pass or appearing (in the year 2015) at three year Bachelor Degree in any discipline from any recognised University with at least 50% of marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC Category) having Mathematics at 10+2 level or at +3 level. Candidates having Business mathematics at +2 or +3 level are not eligible.
c) MBA / MHMCT/ MHA / MHTM: Pass or appearing (2015) three year Bachelor Degree in Science, Commerce and Arts / BE / BTech / MBBS / BPharm / BSc Agri / BVSC / BHMS /BAMS / BDS / BPT / BHMCT / BBA / BCA examination or equivalent in 2015 from any recognised University with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category). For MHMCT the candidate must have secured at least 50% marks (45% incase of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC Category) in BHMCT. Candidate having a minimum composite score of 500 in GMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA or any other equivalent test are exempted from appearing SAAT-2015. They are required only to submit the filled up application form. Admission will be done on the basis of performance in SAAT-2015 or MAT followed by group discussion and personal interview (GD/PI), all taken together.
d) MPharm: Pass or appearing (2015) at BPharm examination from any recognized University with at least 50% marks. The candidates having valid GPAT score can apply. GPAT qualified candidates are exempted from the entrance test, but they have to submit the filled up form. Admission into MPharm programme will be done on the basis of performance in SAAT-2015 or valid GPAT and personal interview taken together and a final merit list will be prepared. e) MSc in Biotechnology Pass or appearing (2015) at three year Bachelor degree in Science OR four year Bachelor course in Agriculture / Pharmacy / Veterinary / Engineering / Technology / Medicine (MBBS/BDS) from any recongnised University with at least 50% marks (45% incase of candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC category).
- f) MSc in Nursing:Passed BSc Nursing (Basic/Post Basic)Degree with 55% aggregate from an Institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council with a minimum of one year experience either in teaching or clinical area but they should be registered in State Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife.
g) LLM:Pass or appearing (2015) Bachelor Degree in Law or studied Integrated Law Course or equivalent thereof, from any recognized University, securing 50% Marks in aggregate.
For Lateral Entry Programmes:
- a) Admission to 2nd year Degree Programme in Engineering, Pharmacy & Hotel Management for Diploma holders:Pass or appearing (in the year 2015) at three year diploma course in Engineering / Pharmacy and Hotel Management respectively with at least 60% marks in aggregate from State Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training (SCTE&VT), Odisha or equivalent. For Pharmacy, pass or appearing (in the year 2015) at two year diploma course in Pharmacy with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from State Board of Pharmacy (SBP) or SCTE&VT, Odisha, or equivalent.
- b) Lateral Entry MCA:Pass or appearing (in the year 2015) in three year Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), BSc in Information Technology and BSc in Computer Science with at least 60% of marks in aggregate from any recognized University.
c) Choice of Discipline:Candidates having Diploma in Engineering indicated under Column – I are eligible for admission into the corresponding discipline only mentioned under Column – II (Appendix – XVIII). Candidates will appear a common paper in the entrance test and the branch allotment will be done during the counselling as per Appendix-XVIII.
NOTE: Candidates appearing at the qualifying examination (in the year 2015) may also apply. But, they have to produce the pass certificate of the qualifying examination with pass mark in individual appropriate subjects as mentioned for different programmes on the day of counselling, failing which the rank / position secured in the entrance examination will stand cancelled automatically and they will have no claim for the admission as per the rank. The above mentioned clause is also applicable for pass out candidates. e.g.: For BTech the candidate has to secure pass mark in each of the following subjects – Physics, Mathematics and any one of the subject.
- Application Form & Information Brochure of SAAT–2015 can be obtained in Person / by Post from the SOA University, Khandagiri Square,Bhubaneswar – 751030. Forms are also available at different counters of the constituent institutes of the university.
- Application form & information brochure of SAAT–2015 can also be obtained from designated branches of Axis Bank, Syndicate Bank & Punjab National Bank (enlisted in Appendix-XIX).
- Application form & information brochure of SAAT-2015 is available at website. The candidates have to fill up the details online, make payment by Debit Card/Credit Card Rs. 500/- (on account of examination fees), take print out of application form, affix a recent colour photograph and send it by Post/courier.
- Candidates can also fill up the details online, take print out of application form, affix a recent colour photograph and send it by Post/courier alongwith a Demand Draft of Rs 500/- (on account of examination fees) drawn in favour of SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN UNIVERSITY, Bhubaneswar, Payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Application form & Information brochure can be obtained against cash payment of ` 500/- (on account of examination fees).
- Check that the online application form has been properly and completely filled up (For details regarding filling up the application form refer the SAAT 2015 information brochure).
2. Application process: Incomplete application will not be accepted. Please follow the below mentioned process below to complete your application process.
Step1.Fill up the application form & Proceed to payment
Step2. Select the payment method – Demand Draft / Online payment (Debit / Credit Card of any bank is accepted)
Step3. The Demand Draft payment method selection will complete the application process. If you select online payment it will redirect to the Merchant gateway. You need to fill up your card information and pay for the same and ensure the amount displayed is Rs 500 /- . The payment gateway will authorize and capture the payment and redirect to our University website for confirmation of the Application process is complete. Do not close/ refresh / hit back button at the merchant gateway till the payment process is complete. (The system will record the whole application process. Do not close the window until you have completed step 1 to 3 or else the application process will be invalid.)
Step4. Download your Application Copy and take the print out of the application form. The link to download the application form will be send to your mail.
Step5. Fill up the Demand Draft details as specified in the application form. (Demand Draft of 500 /- in favor of “Siksha O AnusandhanUniversity”, Payable at Bhubaneswar).
Step6. Please retain a photocopy of filled up application form and the bank draft with you for future reference. On the back side of the Demand draft write your Application Number, Name & Course code.
Step7. The candidate and parent / guardian and the candidate must sign on the form as specified in the application form.
Step8. All candidates Paste your recent Colour passport size Photograph (Do not staple the photograph).
Step9. Send the complete Application Form to the following address.
The Director (Admissions)
Institute of Technical Education & Research Campus
Jagamara, Post: Khandagiri, Bhubaneswar
Odisha, India. Pin Code: 751030
Step10. The acknowledgement for the receipt of the SAAT 2015 application will be intimated to your Email-Id and Mobile Number through SMS within 10 days of receipt of the application form.
Issue of Application Form: 22nd December, 2014 onwards
Last Date of Submission of Application: 04th April, 2015
Entrance Examination: 09th May, 2015
To know more information about SAAT 2014 please click here