Anna University, Chennai, on behalf of the government of Tamil Nadu has announced the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2015 and is inviting applications for the same.
TANCET is conducted for candidates seeking admission to the following degree Programs of 2015-16 offered at university departments, university colleges of Engineering, Regional centres of Anna University, Government and Government aided Engineering Colleges, Arts and Science Colleges, Self Financing colleges (including stand alone colleges) in Tamil Nadu.
- ME, M.Tech, M.Plan, M.Arch
Some Universities and self financing Engineering colleges also choose to admit students on the basis of their TANCET 2015 scores.
Students from other states can also take TANCET 2015, but the eligibility conditions will be decided by the admitting authority/University.
You need to have passed a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and scored at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying degree examination.
- 10+2+3 years pattern
- 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern
- E., B.Tech., B.Arch., B.Pharm.
- (i) 10+2+AMIE*
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
You need to have successfully passed a recognized at least a 3 year Bachelor’s degree with mathematics at 10+2 level or at graduate level and scored at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying degree examinations.
- 10+2+3/4 years Pattern
- 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern
- (i) 10+2+AMIE*
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE*
Toget into an MCA program through lateral entry, you need to have passed a recognized 3 year (minimum) Bachelor’s degree in BCA, B.Sc. (Computer Science, Information Technology) with mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at graduate level and obtained at least 50% (45% in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examinations.
- 10+2+3 years Pattern
- You must pass a recognized Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field and score at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying degree examination.
- E, B.Tech., .Arch. degree programme.
- Pharm., B.Sc (Agri., Forestry, Horticulture, Fishery) degree programme.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science, Arts, which are prescribed.
- Sc. (5 years) Integrated Degree Programme.
- Sc. 3 years (Computer Science, Information Technology) and M.Sc. 2 years (Computer Science, Information Technology
- MCA (3 years) after 10+2+3 years bachelor’s degree.
- MCA Lateral Entry (2 years) after 10+2+3 years degree in BCA or B.Sc. (Computer Science, Information Technology)
- (i) 10+2+AMIE
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.
- Candidates have to submit only one application form as the form is common for all 3 entrance test.
- Candidates have to pay an entrance test fee of Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for SC, SCA, ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu on production of a copy of permanent community certificate in card format) for either one (M.B.A. or M.C.A. or M.Tech, Arch, M.Plan, M.E) of the programs.
- Candidates who want to appear for more than one program have to pay Rs.500 (Rs. 250 for SC, SCA, ST candidate belonging to Tamil Nadu) for each additional program that they want to appear for.
- Registration in person: Hall tickets will be issued to the candidates at the co-ordinating centers who come in with their 10th and 12th std. mark sheets (or 3yr diploma certificate) and cash or demand draft for the entrance test fee.
2. Registration through internet can be done by logging on to website. The filled-in downloaded application form should be sent along with the demand draft and photocopies of certificate to ‘The Secretary, TANCET, Centre for entrance examination, Anna University, Chennai-600025
- The demand draft should be drawn in favor of ‘The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai payable at Chennai obtained from any nationalized bank.
Chennai, Coimbatore, Chidambaram, Dindigul, Erode, Karaikudi, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Tiruchirappalli, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar
Last date for registration: Monday, April 20, 2015
Last date for registration in person at Chennai centre and receipt of applications: Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Date of TANCET 2015:
For MBA/MCA programs: Saturday, May 16, 2015
For M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan programs: Sunday, May 17, 2015
To know more Information about TANCET 2015 please click here