Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Services Examination is conducted every year for the recruitment of candidates, graduated in medical stream, into various Central Governmental Organisations and Services. The notification for CMS exam will be released in the month of March. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the governing body and is responsible for conducting the examination. The exam of CMS is conducted for recruitment of candidates in the following departments:
- Asst Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways.
- Asst Divisional Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service.
- Jr Scale Posts in Central Health Services.
- Medical Officer in the MCD.
- General Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council.
- Candidates who want to apply for UPSC CMS 2015 Exam must fulfill all the eligibility criteria needed by the candidates. All the criterionthat must be fulfilled are mentioned below:
- Candidates from India, Nepal and Bhutancan apply for UPSC CMS 2015 Exam.
- Refugee from Tibet who came to India prior to 1st January, 1962with the intention of permanent settling in India are also eligible for UPSC CMS 2015 Exam.
- TheIndian origin candidates who has migrated from countries like Pakistan, Sri lanka, Burma and East African counties consisting of Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Vietnam, Zaire with the intention of permanently settling in India are also eligible to apply and this condition is applicable for the candidates of Bhutan and Nepal also.
- The age limitfor the candidates applying for UPSC CMS 2015 Exam is 32 years.
Admit Card The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination
The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website for downloading by the candidates
No admission certificate will be sent by post
For downloading the e-Admission Certificate/e-Admit Card the candidate must have his/her vital parameters like RID and date of birth or roll number (if received) and date of birth or name, father’s name and date of birth available with him/her If a candidate does not receive his/her e-Admission Certificate or any other communication regarding his/her
Candidature for the examination three weeks before the commencement of the examination, he/she should at once contact the Commission
Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commissions office either in person or over telephone 011-23385271/011-23381125/ 011-23098543
In case no communication is received in the Commission’s Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his/her e-Admission certificate at least two weeks before the examination, he/she himself/herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his/her e-Admission Certificate
- Applicants should pay 200/- as application feein any branch of SBI either by person or through Net Banking facility of State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore using Visa Card/ Debit Card/ Master Card.
- Candidates from SC/ ST/ PHcategories and female candidates are exempted from the payment of fees.
Part I is wriiten examination of 500 marks. You have to take the written examination in two Papers, each Paper carrying a maximum of 250 marks. Each paper is of 2 hours duration
Part II is personality test carrying 100 marks of such of the candidates who qualify on the results of the written examination. There is negative marking of 1/3 of mark for each incorrect answer
Computer Based Test: Written examination for Combined Medical Services Examination for two objective type papers was being conducted through the OMR sheets
Pay Scale: Selected candidates for all post will be eligible to grab salary of Rs. 15600/- to Rs. 39100/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-
Centres of Exam The Examination will be held at the following centres: Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam
Last date for receiving the application for CMS Exam is 09/04/2015
To know more Information about UPSC CMS 2015 please click here