(A statutory body of the Government of India established under the provisions of the
Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984)
“A” Wing, 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan
Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-66
Veterinary Council of India invites applications for All India Pre-Veterinary Test for filling up 15% of total number of seats in Veterinary Colleges in India (except from Jammu & Kashmir State) from Indian Nationals for admission to 1st year of B.V.Sc. & A.H. course for academic session 2015-16.
Note:- Students from the State of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible to appear in this test, as that State has not adopted the provisions of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 in the State of Jammu & Kashmir. The details may be seen in the Information Bulletin.
- DATE AND VENUE OF EXAMINATION: Saturday, the20th June 2015 (time 2.00 to 5.00 P.M.) at the centres (cities) stated in the Information Bulletin.
- DURATION OF COURSE:The duration of B.V.Sc. & A.H degree course is spread over five complete academic years including a compulsory rotating internship of six months.
TENTATIVE NO. OF SEATS = 300
An applicant is eligible for admission to the All India Pre-Veterinary Test if the following criteria are met with:
Nationality: Candidates should be Indian Nationals except the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
Since the provisions of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 have not been extended to the State of Jammu & Kashmir, candidates from that State shall not be eligible to appear in the said examination unless they submit an Affidavit in enclosed Proforma on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 10/- duly attested by Metropolitan Magistrate/First Class Judicial Magistrate to the effect that:-
They are not eligible to compete for B.V.Sc. & A.H. seats in the State of Jammu & Kashmir and hence, not eligible to seek admission in Veterinary Colleges of Jammu & Kashmir and they are not domicile of Jammu & Kashmir.
Note: Applications not accompanied with the required Affidavit shall be rejected without any further reference in this matter. Such Affidavits submitted by the candidates shall be verified and if found to be false, the admission of all such candidates shall be cancelled and legal proceedings initiated against them.
- The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study the last two years of study with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Education Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 (years) educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The Intermediate Science examination in science from a recognized University/Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include a practical test in these subjects) and English.
Minimum Marks: To be eligible for All India Pre-Veterinary Test, candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above. Further, he/she should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for General Category in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at 10+2 /Intermediate Science Examination. Provided also that to be eligible for All India Pre-Veterinary Test the candidate must have passed the aforesaid subjects individually. For the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/the Scheduled Tribes or other special category (Other Backward Classes) of students as specified by the Government from time to time, marks required for admission shall be 10% less than that prescribed for General Category.
A candidate shall not be allowed admission to B.V.Sc & A.H. degree course including those admitted under 15% reserved quota of Veterinary Council of India if he/she suffer disabilities in physical fitness as listed below:-
- Disability of total body including disability of chest/spine more than 50%,
- Disability of lower limb of more than 50%,
- Disability of upper limb,
- Visually handicapped candidates and those with hearing disability,
- Candidates with progressive diseases like myopathies etc.
- Disabilities which otherwise would interfere in the performance of duties of a veterinarian.
Note: – (i) A candidate who is taking the qualifying examination prior to the All India Pre-Veterinary Test, or whose result is awaited, may also apply and take the examination but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the B.V.Sc. & A.H. programme, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required percentage of marks as per the Minimum Standard of Veterinary Education-Degree Course (B.V.Sc & A.H.) Regulations, 2008 on or before 30th June, 2015 and submit the documentary proof during counselling, if selected, (ii) In pursuance of the Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 10.4.2008 and according to the instructions issued by the Ministry of Human Resource Development vide O.M. NO. 1-1/2005-UIA/847 dated 20.4.2008 it has been decided to implement OBC reservation in respect of seats being contributed to the All India Quota by the Central Educational Institutions only.
- Age:He/She has attained or will attain the age of Seventeen (17) years as on 31st December, 2015. Candidates attaining seventeen years on 1st January, 2016 or later will not be eligible to appear at the All India Pre-Veterinary Test.
- Mode of Sale of Information Bulletin and Application Form:
- The Information Bulletin and Application Form can be obtained by post from Controller of Examination, Veterinary Council of India, ‘A’ Wing, 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066 by sending a demand draft for Rs. 1600/- for General/OBC Category and Rs. 850/- for SC/ST category (including/examination fee, processing and other charges) in favour of “Veterinary Council of India-Examination Fund” payable at New Delhi on any Scheduled Bank. While requesting for Information Bulletin and Application Form by post, the candidates should send:
(i) Demand Draft for Rs. 1600/- for General/OBC Category and Rs. 850/-for SC/ST rategory. Cash/Money order/Indian Postal Order/Cheque or any other form of payment will NOT be accepted. Demand Draft issued prior to the date of advertisement will not be accepted.
(ii) Two plain paper slips with name and complete address (in CAPITAL LETTERS) with PIN-code.
(B) The Information Bulletin and Application Form can also be obtained by hand from the office of the following Registrars of State Veterinary Councils on payment of Rs. 1500/- for General/OBC Category and Rs. 750/- for SC/ST category through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Veterinary Council of India Examination Fund” payable at New Delhi on any Scheduled Bank:
(a) Andaman & Nicobar UT Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services, Haddo, Port Blair-744102.
(b) Nagaland State Veterinary Council, Directorate of Veterinary & A. H., Kohima-797001.
(c) Tripura Veterinary Council, Veterinary Complex, Astabal, Agartala-799005.
(d) Manipur Veterinary Council, Sanjenthong, lmphal-795001.
(e) Mizoram State Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Aizawl-796001, Mizoram.
(f) Arunachal Pradesh Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry, Nirjuli-791109.
(g) Sikkim State Veterinary Council, Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Krishi Bhawan, Tadong, Sikkim-737102.
(h) Tamil Nadu Veterinary Council, No. 2, Pasumpan Muthuramalingam Salai,
Nandanam, Chennai-600035, Tamil Nadu, (i) Kerala State Veterinary Council, Peroorkada PO, Thiruvananthapurarn-
(C) The Information Bulletin and Application Form can also be obtained by hand against cash payment from the branches of Vijaya Bank (Rs. 1500/-in case of General/OBC Category and Rs. 750/- for SC/ST Category). The list of Vijaya Bank Branches are as under:-
- Vijaya Bank, 3rd Floor, Babukhan Estate, Basheerbagh, Hyderabad-500001.
- Vijaya Bank, D.No.145/146, S.V. Plaza, T.P. Area, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
- Vijaya Bank, Satkar Shopping Arcade, Fraser Road, Patna-800001, Bihar.
- Vijaya Bank, LIC Building, Sector-17B, Chandigarh-160017, Punjab.
- Vijaya Bank, Medina Manzil, Jail Road, Kutchery Chowk, Raipur-492001, Chhattisgarh.
- Vijaya Bank, Barakhamba Road, No. 17, Vijaya Building, New Delhi-110001.
- Vijaya Bank, Ansal Chamber-ll, 6, Africa Avenue, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi- 110066.
- Vijaya Bank, Plot No. 5, No. 1, Savitri Plaza, I.P. Extension LSC-2,
- Patparganj, Delhi-110092.
- Vijaya Bank, Plot No. 1, C.U. Block, Vikas Surya Plaza, Local Shopping Centre, Pitampura, New Delhi-110034.
- Vijaya Bank,Hotel Siddartha Building, H B Road, Fancy Bazar, Guwahati-781001.
- Vijaya Bank, First Floor, Kamdhenu Complex, Panjarapole, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad-380015.
- Vijaya Bank, No. 2,Mall Road, Shimla-171001, Himachal Pradesh.
- Vijaya Bank, No. 55,Baralal Street, Upper Bazar, Ranchi-834001, Jharkhand.
- Vijaya Bank,Public Utility Building, Mayo Hall, M.G. Road, Bangalore-560001, Karnataka.
- Vijaya Bank, #504, Vijayanagar, 1st Stage, Vijayanagar, Mysore-570017, Karnataka.
- Vijaya Bank, Swastik Centre, MG Road, Trivandrum-695001, Kerala.
- Vijaya Bank, Chamber of Com. Bidg,Kotukulam Road, Mattancherrfc Kochi-682002, Kerala.
- Vijaya Bank,Pramod Building, Cherutty Road, Calicut-673001, Kerala.
- Vijaya Bank, 111, Laxmi Niwas, Sindhi Colony, Berasia Road,Bhopal- 462001, Madhya Pradesh.
- Vijaya Bank, No. 93-94,Central Avenue Road, Gandhi Bagh, Nagpur-440018, Maharashtra.
- Vijaya Bank,Excelsior Building, Wallace Street, Fort, Mumbai-400001, Maharashtra.
- Vijaya Bank, No. 148, Ashok Nagar, Bhubaneswar-751009, Orissa.
- Vijaya Bank,Upasana Tower, C-98, Ground Floor, Subhash Marg, Ahinsa Circle, C Scheme, Jaipur 302001, Rajasthan.
- Vijaya Bank, Near Minerva Complex,Station Road, Jodhpur – 342001, Rajasthan.
- Vijaya Bank,City Palace, Udaipur-313001, Rajasthan.
- Vijaya Bank,Ram Building, 145, Trichy Road, Namakkal-637002, Tamil Nadu.
- Vijaya Bank, 1/1,Viswanath Puram Main Road, Rangarajpuram, Chennai – 600024, Tamil Nadu.
- Vijaya Bank, 31/49, MG Marg,Mayfair Building, Hazratganj, Lucknow-226001, UP.
- Vijaya Bank, Heera Sons House, 74/276,Haisley Road, Kanpur- 208001, Uttar Pradesh.
- Vijaya Bank, No. 48/141 /A, 1st Floor, Misir Pokhra, Luxa Road, Varanasi -221001, Uttar Pradesh.
- Vijaya Bank, No. 6,Mahant Laxmandas Road, Dehradun-284001, Uttaranchal.
- Vijaya Bank,Hotel Woodlands Building, Bara Bazar, Mall Road, Nainital-263001, Uttaranchal.
- Vijaya Bank, 1/2 Old Court House,Brabourne Road, Kolkata-700001, West Bengal.
On line submission of Application Form: 15.04.2015 to 14.05.2015
Date of Examination: 20th June, 2015
To know more Information about Pre-Veterinary Test please click here