UGC, National Eligibility Test (NET) Examination 2015
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting the National Eligibility Test (NET) on 28th June 2015 (Sunday), on behalf of the University Grants Commission. The UGC NET is conducting for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship and eligibility for Assistant Professor, in Indian universities and colleges.
The list of NET subjects along with their respective codes are as given below:
(01) Economics, (02) Political Science, (03) Philosophy, (04) Psychology, (05) Sociology, (06) History, (07) Anthropology, (08) Commerce, (09) Education, (10) Social Work, (11) Defence and Strategic Studies, (12) Home Science, (14) Public Administration, (15) Population Studies*, (16) Hindustani Music (Vocal/Instrumental) , (17) Management, (18) Maithili, (19) Bengali, (20) Hindi, (21) Kannada, (22) Malayalam, (23) Odia, (24) Punjabi, (25) Sanskrit, (26) Tamil, (27) Telugu, (28) Urdu, (29) Arabie, (30) English, (31) Linguistics, (32) Chinese, (33) Dogri, (34) Nepali, (35) Manipuri, (36) Assamese, (37) Gujarati, (38) Marathi, (39) French, (40) Spanish, (41) Russian, (42) Persian, (43) Rajasthani, (44) German, (45) Japanese, (55) Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Labour and Social elfare/Human Resource Management, (58) Law, (59) Library and Information Science, (60) Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies, (62) Comparative Study of Religions, (63) Mass Communication and Journalism, (65) Dance, (66) Museology & Conservation, (67) Archaeology, (68) Criminology, (70) Tribal and Regional Language/Literature, (71) Folk Literature, (72) Comparative Literature, (73) Sanskrit Traditional Subjects (including Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotisha/Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/Mimamsa/Navya Nyaya/Sankhya Yoga/Tulanatmaka Darsana / Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhva Vedanta/ Dharma Sastra/ Sahitya/ Purana-itihasa/Agama/Advaita Vedanta), (74) Women Studies, (79) Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture/Graphics/Applies Art/History of Art), (80) Geography, (81) Social Medicine & Community Health, (82) Forensic Science, (83) Pali, (84) Kashmiri, (85) Konkani, (87) Computer Science and Applications, (88) Electronic Science, (89) Environmental Sciences, (90) International and Area Studies, (91) Prakrit, (92) Human Rights and Duties, (93) Tourism Administration and Management, (94) Bodo, (95) Santali, (96) Karnatik Music (Vocal Instrument, Percussion), (97) Rabindra Sangeet, (98) Percussion Instruments, (99) Drama, (100) Theatre
*The candidates with Master’s Degree in Geography (with specialization in Population Studies) or Mathematics/Statistics are also eligible to appear in the subject “Population Studies” (Code 15)
**The candidates with Master’s Degree in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences are eligible to appear in the subject ‘Women Studies’ (Code 74)
Candidates who have secured at least 55 per cent marks (50 per cent for OBC/SC/ST/PWD) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed can apply for the exam on provisional basis.
Candidates with a Ph.D. degree whose Master’s level examination had been completed by September 19, 1991 will be given a relaxation of 5 per cent in aggregate marks requirement.
The applicant should not be more than 28 years of age as on June 6, 2015.
The Examination consists of 3 papers of objective-type questions divided into 2 sessions. Papers 1 and 2 will be covered in first session and Paper 3 in session two. Arts subjects including Social Sciences and Languages are handled by UGC while Science Subjects such as Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, and Mathematical Sciences are managed by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) jointly with UGC.
Interested and eligible candidates have to apply online through the official website
Before applying the candidate must have scanned a passport size photograph in JPEG format of less than 300 kb.
Once the candidate has submitted the duly filled online application for NET, the computer will automatically generate a ‘Bank Challan’. The candidates is required to take a printout of the generated bank challan in order to pay the application fee through cash, on the next working day at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) along with Bank charges (commission) of Rs 40/-
For further details visit the official website
For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs. 600/-; for Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website, the fee is Rs. 300/- and for SC/ST/PWD candidates, it is Rs.150/-
- i) The candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit/debit cardor through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank. In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card the additional processing charges as following will also be debited from the credit/debit card of the candidate
Credit Card: 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card: 0.75% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- ii) After filling all the details for applying online for NET, the candidate will have the option to select the mode of payment of examination fee either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form indicating your details therein
iii) The candidate is required to check the status of fee payment at CBSE website (website) and if the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to take the printout of online Application Form (one copy), Attendance Slip (one copy) and Admission Card (one copy) on separate A-4 size papers. In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as following:
- If the fee is paid through e-challan by depositing cash in the above mentioned bank, the candidate should contact immediately the concerned bank to update his/her fee status on the website
- If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not ‘OK’, it means the transaction is cancelled and the amount will be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within a week. Such candidates have to pay the fee once again
- iv) The candidate has to attach the copy of the Bank Challan (in case fee is paid by e-challan) with the printout of online Application Form which he/she has to submit to the Registrar/Principal of UGC-NET Coordinating Institution opted by the candidate.
- v) Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances
Submission of online application form 16th April 2015
Last date for Applying Online 15th May 2015
Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank challan, at any branch of (Syndicate/Canara ICICI Bank) or through credit/debit card 16th May 2015
Date of Examination 28th June 2015 (Sunday)
To know more Information about UGC NET 2015 please click here