# 132, Second Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross, Malleswaram,
Bangalore – 560 055.
COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” to determine the merit of students in an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative testing procedure. Presently 12 Medical, 19 Dental colleges, who make available almost 600 seats, are affiliated to COMEDK and utilize its testing mechanism for effecting admission to PG Programme during the academic year 2016-17. In this behalf, COMEDK has programmed to conduct Post Graduate Entrance Test 2016 (PGET – 2016) on 17.01.2016.
Applicants are advised to read this brochure thoroughly and familiarize themselves with the eligibility criteria, Test procedures, Eligibility to participate in seat selection process etc., COMEDK’s website contains information and current updates, alerts. This site is updated regularly. COMEDK suggests all applicants to visit it frequently for relevant information.
Medical Degree Courses
Pre Clinical: MS (Anatomy), MD (Physiology), MD (Biochemistry)
Para Clinical: MD (Pathology), MD (Microbiology), MD (Pharmacology), MD (Forensic Medicine), MD (Community Medicine)
Clinical: MD (General Medicine), MD (Paediatrics), MD (Dermatology and STD), MD (Tuberculosis), MD (Psychiatry), MS (General Surgery), MS (Ophthalmology), MS (Orthopaedics), MS (ENT), MD (Obstetrics and Gynaecology), MD (Anaesthesiology), MD (Radio-Diagnosis),(Radiology), MD (Radio-Therapy), M.D. (Emergency Medicine) Medical Diploma Courses
Para Clinical: Diploma in Clinical Pathology (DCP), Diploma in Forensic Medicine (DFM), Diploma in Public Health (DPH)
Clinical: Diploma in Child Health (DCH), Diploma in Venerology and Dermatology (DVD), Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine (DPM), Diploma in Ophthalmology (DO), Diploma in Orthopaedics (D.Ortho), Diploma in Otolaryngology (DLO), Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (DGO), Diploma in Anaesthesiology (DA), Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis (DMRD)
MDS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery), MDS (Oral Medicine and Radiology), MDS (Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics), MDS (Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry), MDS (Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics), MDS Prosthodontics & Crown and Bridge), MDS (Oral Pathology and Microbiology), MDS (Public Health Dentistry)
Dental Diploma Courses Diploma in Oral Surgery, Diploma in Periodontics, Diploma in Orthodontics, Diploma in Conservative Dentistry and Diploma in Prosthodontics
Candidates from all over the country can appear for the said entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for Post Graduate Degree , Diploma programs have been as published by COMEDK in its Notification dated 15-09-2015 on its website which are reproduced as under:-
- Applicants must meet all the requirements stipulated by MCI, DCI from time to time.
- They should have successfully passed their MBBS, BDS from an Institution recognized by MCI, DCI.
- They must have completed or be completing their internship by 30th April 2016 at the latest.
- The minimum percentage of marks in the COMEDK PGET – 2016 shall be 50% for General Merit candidates and 40% for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe (All India) and Other Backward Classes belonging to Karnataka State.
- They should have obtained permanent registration with the MCI, DCI or any of the State Medical, Dental Council.
- Candidates who are unacceptable:
- Candidates already holding a PG Degree in any specialty.
- Candidates who are pursuing a PG Degree, Diploma in any clinical specialty after securing the seat through COMEDK in the earlier years.
- Candidates having selected a seat earlier through COMEDK and failed to join the college so selected or failed to surrender the said seat at the COMEDK level or having joined the college failed to pursue the course.
- Candidates who have been debarred by COMEDK during the previous years for any examination malpractice.
- Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by MCI, DCI or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted.
- In the case of an Indian national with the recognized degree from a Foreign University, the degree should have been duly registered in the country where the degree is obtained and should also have been recognized by the Medical, Dental Council of India.
- Rank list, Rank Card will be prepared only for those candidates who become eligible for admission to Post Graduate Courses as per the regulations of Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India.
The Entrance Test COMEDK PGET 2016 is mandatory for all candidates seeking admissions to PG Courses in Member Institutions of COMEDK for the academic year 2016-17
A merit, rank list is generated based on the candidate’s scores in entrance test only
The scope of the syllabi for the Post Graduate Medical, Dental entrance test is based on the MBBS, BDS syllabus as prescribed by MCI, DCI respectively
There will be one separate test for PG Medical and one separate test for PG Dental Courses. Each test will have 180 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
The time allotted for the COMEDK Entrance Test would be 180 minutes (3 hours); the COMEDK PGET entrance test will begin at 10.00 AM and end at 01.00 PM
- i) Candidates are required to mark their answers in an OMR Answer Sheet (Optical Mark Reader)
- ii) Each correct answer is awarded one mark
iii) No Marks will be awarded for multiple making (marking multiple responses) of any questions
- iv) There will be no negative marking
- v) However, in the event of a tie in score the principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answer) will be adopt
The Candidates have to register themselves at website. On Registration the applicant will be provided with Login ID and Password
The application process requires the candidate to complete the prescribed application form and submit it along with relevant documents and prescribed fees
Registration and Procedure for Application
The Candidates have to register themselves at website. The candidates may access the How to Apply Document, general instructions and the explanation for filling the required fields through the link in the website. However, these instructions are reproduced as under:-
- a) Instructions for Registration
- Name of the Applicant: Enter your full Name (as it appears in your SSLC,10th Std Marks Card), In the case of a candidate who has changed his, her name for any reason, the original proof of the same has to be produced at the time of counseling
- Email-ID: Enter your valid Email ID for all correspondence
- Mobile Number: Enter your Mobile number
- b) General Instructions for Registration
- All the details asked for in Registration, Application form are Mandatory
- Email ID and mobile number should remain the same till the counseling process is completed
- An Email ID once used for Registration online cannot be used again
- Enter Unique id proof and Number
Demand Draft for Rs. 3000/- as application fee shall be drawn only from the National banks in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore
For detailed information on COMEDK affiliate institutions please refer to COMEDK PGET 2016 Brochure
Notification for Start Date of Registration for COMEDK PGET-2016: 10th November 2015
Start Date for Registration and Submission of Online Application Form (OAF): 10th November 2015
Mock Test Link made available online: 10th November 2015
Last date for making Off-line payments: 28th December 2015
Last Date for Submission of Completed Application online (OAF): 02nd January 2016
Start Date for Downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT) on Website: 09th January 2016
Last Date for Downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT): 16th January 2016
COMEDK PGET 2016 Entrance Exam: 17th January 2016 (Test Day 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM)
Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys and Start Date for Submission of challenges of Answer keys: 18th January 2016
Last Date for Receiving Challenges pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys: 23rd January 2016
Publishing of Final Answer Keys: 03rd February 2016
Publishing of Test Score & Making available individual Rank card for eligible candidates online: 05th February 2016
To know more Information about COMEDK PGET 2016 please click here