University of Mumbai – Dept. of Atomic Energy, Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, (UM-DAE CBS) Mumbai, NISER, Institute of Physics Campus, Sachivalaya Marg, Sainik School (PO), Bhubaneswar-751005, Odisha
NEST (National Entrance Screening Test) 2016 will be conducted by the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Science (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai. The NEST is a national level entrance test for admission to various research programmes offered by the above universities. Every year thousand of candidates appear this test in the month of May.
- To appear this test candidate should be met with the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates must be passed the 12th examination from any government recognized university.
- The candidates should be scored in 12th examination at least 60% marks (55% in case of SC/STPD).
- The candidates must be passed the qualifying examination in year 2015 or 2016.
- The candidates must not exceed the age of 20 years as on or before 15th July 2016.
- 5 years age relaxation would be given to the SC/ST/PD candidates.
- Candidates appearing the qualifying examination may also apply for it.
The exam will be consisted of one paper only comprising in 5 sections and each section comprise in 60 questions and each question will carry one mark. Section one will be compulsory for all while section 2 to 5 will be from subjects as physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics. Only three highest scored sections will be considered for merit calculation. There will be negative marking in sections 2 to 5. The mode of language will be English only.
The NEST application form 2016 will be available in January 2016 via online and offline mode. Candidates can make the request for offline application form against the DD of application fee. Beside this, candidates can apply online through the official site of NEST. Online application will be submitted via online only while offline filled application form will be sent to the given address. The application fee would be as below:
Male (general and OBC): 700/-
Male (SC/ST): 350/-
Female (All categories): 350/-
Person with Physical Disability: 350/-
The address for correspondence is:
The Chief Coordinator
NEST 2016, NISER
Institute of Physics Campus
Sachivalaya Marg, Sainik School (PO)
Online Application opens on Jan 04, 2016 closes on Mar 04, 2016
Date of NEST 2016: May 28, 2016 (Saturday) 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
To know more information about NEST 2016 please click here