Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka
# 132, Second Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross,
Malleswaram, Bangalore – 560 055
Facsimile (Fax): 080-23568309
Purpose of Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) was to establish a body, which will segregate merit candidates, through the medium of fair testing, for admission into medical and engineering colleges in the state of Karnataka. To carry out the purpose, body has been conducting COMEDK common entrance examination, on annual basis, in almost 134 centers in the state. This year, candidates, will be writing COMEDK 2016 on 10 May 2016, to received admission into undergraduate Medical and Engineering courses like MBBS, BDS, B.Tech and B.E.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or 2nd PUC from any recognized university or Board in the country
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Math’s and obtained a minimum aggregate score of 45%. (40% for SC, ST)
- Physics and Math’s should be the compulsory subjects along with any one of the following optional subjects- Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology
- Candidates must have also studied English as a subject in the qualifying exam
- Candidates who have competed 10+3 Diploma from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC, ST) are also eligible to apply.
Selection Procedure: on the basis of the scores in COMEDK UGET 2016
- Candidates will be tested in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry with 180 questions (60 questions each)
- Duration of the exam will be 3 hours
- Candidates have to mark their answers on an OMR sheet
- Each correct answer will fetch one mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
- In case the candidate gives two answers to the same question, it will be considered as wrong.
- If there is a tie in the score, the board will consider the number of wrong and unattended answers to come to the final conclusion.
Candidates must apply online.
The printout of the Online COMEDK UGET 2016 Application must be submitted
along with the specified supporting documents and the DD for the application fee to COMEDK Office address given below.
Rs.1,200 (for candidates appearing for Physics, Chemistry and Maths)
Rs.1,500 (for candidates applying for Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology)
COMEDK UGET 2016 Application fee can be paid via: DD in favour of “COMEDK”
Payable in Bangalore.
Last date for receipt of Completed Application: April 04th 2016
Test Date: May 10th 2016