Association of Private Medical and Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh Common Admission Test (UPCAT BDS-2016), which will be conducted in May 2016. The UPCAT BDS will be held on Sunday, May 15, 2016.
UPCAT BDS is conducted for admission to Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) offered in all the private dental colleges of Uttar Pradesh for the session 2016.
- Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the BDS program.
- Candidates should have passed the higher secondary examination or the Indian school certificate examination which is equivalent to 10+2 higher secondary examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two year of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks for SC,ST candidates) taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination and in addition must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of such competitive by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together in the competitive examination.
Application Procedure for UPCAT BDS 2016:
- Candidates can apply
- The application form can also be obtained either in person by paying cash of Rs. 1500/ or by post by sending a crossed bank draft of Rs. 1600/ drawn in favour of “The Association of Private Medical & Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh” payable at Bareilly and requisition for the required application shall be addressed to the Cooordinator UPCAT Dental 2016, Keshlata Hospital, Delapeer, Bareilly (U.P.) Pin 243 122.
- The entrance examination will comprise of an objective type examination of 180 minutes duration containing 200 questions of 200 marks.
- There will be 50 questions each for Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany. The syllabus for entrance examination will be as per the 10+2 examination (ICSE, CBSE, U.P board or equivalent).
- The question paper will be given in English only.
- The candidate is required to answer 200 MCQs in 3 hours. Each question shall carry equal marks.
- All questions will be objective type with Multiple (A, B, C, D) choice of which, only one will be the appropriate response and therefore the correct choice.
- Each correct answer will be awarded one mark.
- Zero marks shall be given to no response. There will be no negative marking for incorrect answer or more than one choice indicated against a question.
Last date of submission of completed forms: Saturday, April 30, 2016.
Date of UPCAT BDS: Sunday, May 15, 2016.
Date of declaration of Results: Thursday, June 16, 2016.
To know more Information about entrance please click here