About JEST 2019:
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.jest.org.in
Applicants seeking admission for a Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in one of the Participating Institutes may appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) at one of the Exam Centers.
The Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) (statutory body established through an Act of Parliament) recognizes JEST as a National Eligibility Test (NET) in their office Memo vide OM No.SB/S9/Z-01/2015. Fellows working in SERB programmes and qualified in NET are eligible to get enhanced fellowship.
Participating Institutes have their own eligibility criteria. Applicants who are expected to complete their final examinations by August of each year are also eligible to appear for the JEST exam of that year.
Applicants must pay an application fee and register to appear for the exam.
Visit the individual institute pages to view the programmes and subject areas being offered.
ARIES, Bose Institute, HBNI, ICTS, IGCAR, IIA, IISc, IISER BHOPAL, IISER KOLKATA, IISER MOHALI, IISER PUNE, IISER THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, IISER TIRUPATHI, IIST, IMSc, IOP, IPR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NBRC, NCRA-TIFR, NISER, PRL, RRCAT, RRI, SINP, SNBNCBS, TIFR-TCIS, TIFR, UGC-DAE CSR, VECC.
- Please see the websites/advertisements of the participating institutes for their eligibility criteria in details.
- Listed below are tentative eligibility criteria of admission to M.Sc, Ph.D, and Integrated / M.Sc / M.Tech. – Ph.D programs in the participating institutes.
M.Sc. in Physics (all participating Institutes).
Additionally, some institutes accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in disciplines of Applied Physics and Mathematics, as listed below.
- Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- E. or B.Tech. will be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics will be cnsidered at IUCAA.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered atIPR.
- Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or Biochemistry will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- Tech Eng. Phys.will be considered at TIFR.
- E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC
M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science
Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc
M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics)
- Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- Sc. (Physics) will be considered atIMSc.
B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered in IIA.
B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum of first class marks, will be considered at NISER.
B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
- Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tec. will be considered for Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram.
- Sc. (Physics) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
- Sc. Programme at HRI.
- Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline
HRI is starting a new M.Sc. programme in Physics from 2017. The Integrated Ph.D. programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2017.
JEST will be held at the locations indicated below.
Ahmedabad, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bardhaman, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Kozhikode (Centre is subject availability. Second option will be allotted if centre is not available), Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwhati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Madurai, Mangalore (Centre is subject availability. Second option will be allotted if centre is not available), Mumbai, Nagpur, Nainital, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Sambalpur, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vishakhapatnam.
How to Apply:
- Applications for JEST- 2019 can be submitted ON-LINE ONLY.
- Before filling the ON-LINE application form, candidate is requested to read the following instructions carefully.
To apply online, applicants must create an account using a valid email-id. This account will remain valid from the time of account creation till one month after the date of declaration of results, for that year. Email-ids are linked to the created account as well as to the application, and will be used for all communications with the applicants. Therefore, the email-id should be active and must not be changed during this period. To submit application online, applicants must login to the created account and complete the application form. After submission, an unique submission number will be sent to your email-id. Please save all the emails sent to you and the unique submission number must be quoted by the applicant for any communication with the JEST authority.
- An Application Fee of Rs. 300 (Rs 150 for SC/ST, Female applicants ONLY) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online using Debit/Credit cards and Net-banking. Payment by any other mode will NOT be accepted. Please check the Available Payment Options and Transaction Charges
- Application Fee is waived for FEMALE applicants belonging to SC/ST. They need not pay the application fee.
- Please go through the refund policy (new tab) before paying the application fee.
- Payment of the fee will imply your agreement to the stated refund policies.
Post-Submission of Application form
- On successful submission of ON-LINE application form you will receive an E-mail with following information from JEST Website.
- Application data after final submission containing Unique Submission Number and filled in data.
- Please save this e-mail for further correspondence with the JEST authority.
- If you do not receive the above-mentioned e-mail after submission of application form and the successful e-payment of the application fee, contact JEST authority.
- Admit card will be available in the JEST webpage after 20th of January, 2019. Bring a printout of the downloaded admit card and one of your photo-ids for entry into the examination centre. Admit cards will NOT be sent by post/email.
Last date of ON-LINE submission of applications is: 15th December, 2018
JEST 2019 will be held on: 17th February, 2019 at 10.00am (JEST score is valid for One year).
To know more Information about this Exam please visit: http://www.jest.org.in