NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY
(An autonomous organization under the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of
Human Resource Development, Government of India)
Address for correspondence
Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida -201309 (UP)
Website: http://www.nta.ac.in and http://www.jeemain.nta.nic.in e-mail: email@example.com
Help Line: For Technical support, contact following during working days between 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Call Centre Numbers: 0120-6895200
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) has established National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization under Society Registration Act 1860 for conducting efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education institutions. The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has entrusted the responsibility of conducting Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) (Main) to the NTA from 2019 onwards. Admission criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI), Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main). The Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programs offered by the IITs.
ABOUT JEE (Main)–2020:
The JEE (Main)-2020 will be conducted twice before admissions in the next academic session. The students will have following benefits of the new pattern:
- This will give one more opportunity to the student to improve their scores in examination if they fail to give their best in first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and to know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she won‟t have to wait for one full year.
- The student‟s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.
The first JEE (Main) – 2020 was held in January 2020 whereas the second will be held in April, 2020.
Mode of Examination:
JEE (Main)-2020 will be conducted in the following mode:
- E. /B. Tech. in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
- Arch: Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on drawing sheet of A4 size.
- Planning : Mathematics- Part I , Aptitude Test-Part II and Planning Based Questions Part III in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only
Choice of Medium of Question Papers
- The medium of Question Paper shall be in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- The option of question paper language should be exercised while filling up the Application Form and it cannot be changed at a later stage.
Please note that for correctness of the questions in all the question papers, the English version will be taken as final.
Details of Examination
Subject combinations for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination is given in the table below:
|PAPER||SUBJECTS||TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Mode of Examination|
|B.E./B.Tech.||Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Questions for which answer is a numerical value, with equal weightage to Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|B. Arch||Mathematics – Part I||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Questions for which answer is a numerical value||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Aptitude Test – Part II||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Drawing Test – Part III||Questions to test drawing aptitude||“Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on Drawing sheet|
|B. Planning||Mathematics – Part I||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Questions for which answer is a numerical value||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Aptitude Test – Part II||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Planning Based Questions – Part III||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
Syllabus: The details of syllabus are given on the websites.
JEE (Main) – 2020 Eligibility:
For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed class 12th / equivalent examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) examination – 2020. The candidates should also satisfy themselves about their fulfilling the age limit requirements of the Institutes in which they are desirous of taking admission. The candidates must note that the IITs have an age limit / restriction, which will be published in JEE (Advanced)-2020 Information Brochure.
List of Qualifying Examinations (QE)
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 year duration
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 or 2019; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in January JEE(Main)-2020 Examination.
Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2017 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2021 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)–2020.
Candidates must note that the IITs permit only two attempts for the JEE (Advanced), i.e. a candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2019 or 2020, subject to the condition of not having been admitted at an IIT on earlier occasion. Details may be obtained from the Information Brochure of the JEE(Advanced)2020.
Schedule of Events with Dates
|On-line submission of Application Form||07.02.2020 to 06.03.2020 (up to 11.50 p.m.)|
|Successful final transaction of fee||07.02.2020 to 07.03.2020 (through Credit/Debit Card/ Net Banking/UPI and PAYTM Service up to 11.50 p.m.)|
|Fee payable for January JEE (Main)– 2020||In India||Outside India|
|B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL) B||Boys-Rs 650/- Girls- Rs 325/-||Boys-Rs 3000/- Girls- Rs 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Boys-Rs 325/- Girls- Rs 325/-||Boys-Rs 1500/- Girls- Rs 1500/-|
|B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch or B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning or B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch & B.Planning or B.Arch & B.Planning||General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)||Boys-Rs 1300/- Girls- Rs 650/-||Boys-Rs 6000/- Girls- Rs 3000/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Boys-Rs 650/- Girls- Rs 650/-||Boys-Rs 3000/- Girls- Rs 3000/-|
|Processing charges and Goods & Service Taxes (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
How to apply:
Instructions for Filling Online Application Form
Candidates have to apply for January JEE (Main)- 2020 “Online” ONLY by accessing the websites. http://www.nta.ac.in and http://www.jeemain.nta.nic.in The Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.
If at any stage, it is found that the candidate has submitted multiple Applications and /or appeared in more than one date/shift, then the candidature will be cancelled and legal action will be taken including debarring in all future examinations conducted by NTA.
It is suggested that you have the following ready before starting the filling of the online application form:
- A computer with good Internet connectivity
- All your qualification details
- Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb)
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb)
- Scanned clear 12th Class or equivalent Admit card/Mark sheet/Score Card (size between 50kb-500kb).
- A valid e-mail Id as all communication will be made on this e-mail Id.
- A valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number
- A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account or UPI or PAYTM Service.
- A printer connected to your system to print confirmation page
Download information Bulletin. Read it carefully to ensure your eligibility and acquaint with the requirements for submission of Online Application Form.
No correction can be made at a later stage after submission of an application. No change will be accepted through Post/Fax/ email / By Hand etc.
(a) Those candidates who have already Appeared for JEE (Main) January 2020: (Correction in particulars, if any will be permitted during 08.03.2020 to 12.03.2020 only) Following 3 (Three) Steps are applicable:
Step-1: Candidate has to login with the Application Number of the January 2020 examination and its created Password/date of birth.
The details of the Candidate’s name, Mother’s name, Father’s name, Category, PwD status, Gender, Date of birth, State code of eligibility will appear as earlier filled up by the candidate for JEE (Main) January 2020. Since these details are recorded in NTA score card of the January 2020 examination, any further correction is not allowed at this stage. Correction in particulars, if any will be permitted during 08.03.2020 to 12.03.2020 only
Step-2: Complete the Application Form by providing
- choice of course(s) (B.E./B.Tech or B Arch / B. Planning or both),
- question paper medium,
- choice of four centre cities,
- medium of Instructions/Study-Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class 11th/12th/equivalent
- education details of Class 12/equivalent : like type of school and Roll No and Year of Passing/Appearing,
- Upload 12th class/ equivalent Admit card/ Mark sheet/ Certificate (size 50kb to 500kb).
Step-3: Payment of fee by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI/PayTM
The candidate has to select Debit card/Credit card/Net banking etc. option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
These steps can be done together or separately.
Note: Correction in particulars, if any will be permitted during 08.03.2020 to 12.03.2020 only
(b) Those candidates who did not Appear in JEE (Main) Jan 2020 or Fresh Candidates: Following 4 (Four) Steps are applicable:
Step-1: Register for Online Application Form and note down system generated Application Number. The candidate should supply all the details while filling the Online Application Form and is also required to create PASSWORD and choose Security Question and enter his/her Answer. After successful submission of the personal details, Application number will be generated; it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and will also be required for all future correspondence. For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with the respective system generated Application Number and created Password.
Step-2: Complete the Application Form Candidate can login with the system generated Application Number and created Password for completing the Application Form.
Step-3: Upload Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph, Candidate Signature and 12thAdmit card/Mark sheet/Certificate.
- Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb. The photograph should be coloured or black/white (but clear contrast)
- Size of scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
- Size of scanned 12thAdmit card/Marksheet/Certificate card must be between 50kb to 500kb.
Note: Upload the correct Photograph and Signature as the facility for correction in images will not be given later.
Step-4: Payment of fee by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI/PayTM: The candidate has to select Debit card/Credit card/Net banking etc. option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
These steps can be done together or separately.
Note: After generation of Confirmation Page, correction in particulars, if any will be permitted during 08.03.2020 to 12.03.2020 only
- The final submission of online Application form will remain incomplete if all the steps are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained
- The entire application process of JEE (Main) April –2020 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees and Printing of Confirmation page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation page to NTA through Post/Fax/email/ By Hand.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA’s website regularly for latest updates and to check their registered mobile for SMS/e-mails.
- The NTA can make use of the data generated for the purpose of research and analysis.
Important Note: No Correction shall be made after declaration of result by the NTA.
All the candidates who have submitted the online application and paid the examination fee till last date will be allowed to appear in JEE(Main) April –2020 and their admit cards will be uploaded on the website as per schedule. The NTA does not verify the information filled by the candidates in the application form. It also does not verify any certificate of category/educational qualification for deciding the eligibility of candidates. The certificates of educational qualification and category (if applied under reserved category) will be verified by the concerned institution. The candidates are, therefore, advised to ensure their eligibility and the category (if applying under reserved category)as per the requirements of the institutions where the Candidate is seeking admission. The NTA will, in no way, be responsible for any wrong/incorrect information furnished by the candidate(s) in their online application form. The letter/e-mails in this regard will not be entertained by the NTA.
|On-line submission of Application Form||07.02.2020 to 06.03.2020 (upto 11.50 p.m.)|
|Successful transaction of fee||07.02.2020 to 07.03.2020 (through Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI and PAYTM service upto 11.50 p.m.)|
|Dates of Examination||Between 05.04.2020, 07.04.2020 to 09.04.2020 & 11.04.2020|
|Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||By 30.04.2020|
To know more Information about this Exam please visit: www.jeemain.nta.nic.in