Bhubaneswar, Bombay, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee and IISc Bangalore
Joint Admission Test for MSc (JAM} 2014 will be held on 9th February, 2014 (Sunday) for admission to Integrated PhD degree programs at HSc Bangalore (HSc) and MSc (two-years), Joint MSc – PhD, MSc – PhD Dual degree and other post-bachelor’s degree programs at HTs (Bhubaneswar (IITBBS). Bombay (HTB), Delhi (IITD), Gandhinagar (IITGN), Guwahati (IITG). Hyderabad (IITH), Indore (IITI), Kanpur (DTK), Kharagpur (lITKgp), Madras (HTM) and Roorkee (IITR)) for the academic session 2014-15. JAM 2014 is open to all nationals. However, foreign nationals will be required to satisfy the rules and regulations of the admitting Institute(s) pertaining to foreign students for admission.
- For IISc Bangalore: First class (as declared by the university) for General/OBC category candidates and second class (as declared by the university) or 50% aggregate marks, without rounding off, for SC/ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree.
- For IIT Guwahati: At least (a) 56% marks in Major/Honors and pass in all other subjects, including languages and subsidiaries 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/OBC category candidates and at least (a) 50% marks in Major/Honors and pass in all other subjects, including languages and subsidiaries Or (b) 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC, ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree.
- For all other IITs: Atleast 55% aggregate marks, without rounding off, (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/OBC Category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks, without rounding off, (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC/ST and PD Category candidates ‘m the qualifying degree.
For candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks) the equivalence in percentage of marks with be decided by the admitting institute(s).
- Proof of having passed the qualifying degree with required eligibility, as specified by the admitting institute should be submitted by 30th September, 2014.
- Reservation Policy: As per Government of India norms.
A candidate can apply/register for JAM 2014 through Online process only during 16th September to 16* October, 2013. A student has to first register as a user on the JAM-2014 website. Then the candidate needs to fill-in all the personal data. Once all the personal data is submitted (the personal data cannot be changed at a later stage) the candidate can make a payment either through net-banking or through challan. In case you choose to pay through net-banking, the site will take you to a secure site from which the payment can be made and then you will be directed back to JAM-2014 website for taking printout of the online registration form. In case you choose to pay through challan, you can generate a PDF-file of the challan, latest by 12th October, 2013. The challan needs to be presented, the next day, to any Core Banking Branch of State Bank of India for payment After two days of making the payment, you will be allowed to login into your JAM-2014 account for updating the information related to challan payment and only then you will be able to take a printout of the online registration form. The payment is to be made to the account of “Chairman JAM”, State Bank of India, IIT Kanpur (For A/C No. etc, refer to JAM website).
Online registration will be available during: 16th September, 2013 to 16th October, 2013
Date of JAM-2014 test: 09th February, 2014, Sunday
To know more Information about IIT JAM 2014 please click here